I have been wanting to use that title for a while, but didn't want to waste it. However I just had a very Japanese moment so I think I can comfortably use it. It is a Friday afternoon here at Diawa High School, I taught 2 classes today, both before lunch. My lessons are all planned for next week, and well on there way for the following 2 weeks. I have to stay at work till 4:05, but the bus doesn't roll through town till 4:45, so essentially today I have 2 hours of teaching and 7 of looking busy and eating lunch. I have been pretty motivated on the Japanese language studying so I was thinking that would keep me busy for the afternoon. The studying was going pretty well.... till I woke up at about 2:10. Yep, I fell asleep at my desk, best I can tell it was for under a minute, but the fact that I crossed that threshold, means that I am turning Japanese. Japanese people are always dozing, on public transportation especially, but it is not uncommon to see people sleeping in meetings or public parks, or in class (especially at my school). I started dozing a few weeks ago now, that didn't seem like that big of a deal, but it seems now I may be on a dangerous road now to becoming Japanese. As I think about it now, there are a lot of other indicators:
Diet - This week I have eaten noodles or rice everyday (at least once)
Fashion - as of yesterday I own a murse and a change purse.
Language - I can write, read and understand the following: きょは金曜日です。 私はベンディグカーティスです。 私は英語のきおしです。 いいてんきですね。
Customs - I bow reflexivly when leaving a room and talking on the phone.
Perception - I think a dollar for two medium sized potatos is a fair price, and $25 for a bottle of booze is pretty steep. A minivan seems like a really big vehicle and 4 minuutes is a very long wait in line.
It has only been 3 months, not even, who knows what will happen to me over the next nine!
Curt B's journal of doings
Categories
- BC (4)
- beverages (1)
- bike (1)
- bull riding (1)
- Cambodia (2)
- camping (5)
- Canada (2)
- carbon (1)
- cave (1)
- china (1)
- culture (3)
- decisions (1)
- driving (2)
- dust (1)
- festival (1)
- Firsts (3)
- hiking (7)
- holiday (7)
- house (1)
- Japan (33)
- Japanese products (2)
- JET (1)
- Kyoto (1)
- map (1)
- money (1)
- mosquito (1)
- moustache (1)
- music (1)
- National Park (3)
- Nelson (1)
- Pemberton festival (2)
- pics (11)
- pics. Cambodia (1)
- pirate (1)
- placement (1)
- prairie (3)
- push mower (1)
- rice (3)
- saijo (2)
- sake (2)
- sleep (1)
- snow (2)
- snowboarding (3)
- storm (1)
- Sumo (2)
- teaching (1)
- temple (1)
- the blog (3)
- time (1)
- toilets (1)
- train (2)
- TV (1)
- umbrellas (1)
- update (2)
- vancouver (2)
- video (2)
- volcano (1)
- wig (1)
- wildlife (2)
- youth (1)
Blog Archive
2:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment