I seem to vaguely recall some fables or movies or something that involved the main characters looking for a fountain of youth. I think rather than finding it they learned some important lesson about not being vain. Well I think if they would have looked in Japan they would have had a much better chance of finding it. I have not yet found it myself, but there seems to be plenty of evidence of it around. Do not jump to the conclusion that there is no old people in Japan, that is way off the mark - there in fact to seems to be a huge percentage of elderly around - which is part of my fountain theory. This Japanese fountain (may or may not be the water tap) does not give you perpetual youth - but at least gives you an extra decade or two.
Quite often I find myself doing a double take when I see women that could easily pass as my students walking around with there 6 and 8 year olds. Other anecdotal evidence (all i have) came the other day when I was chatting with a taxi driver outside the train station (he wanted to practice his english with me) He asked me how old I was so I asked him back - he thought for a while and told me 56, I thought he looked pretty good for 56, so I repeated 56 while holding up 5 then 6 fingers. He nodded and said "Yes I was born in 1931." Turns out he said he was 56 years older than me.
I am not sure if only being here a year will allow me to tap into this fountain that the Japanese have access to, but maybe it will give me some extra time before the baldness sets in
Curt B's journal of doings
Categories
- BC (4)
- beverages (1)
- bike (1)
- bull riding (1)
- Cambodia (2)
- camping (5)
- Canada (2)
- carbon (1)
- cave (1)
- china (1)
- culture (3)
- decisions (1)
- driving (2)
- dust (1)
- festival (1)
- Firsts (3)
- hiking (7)
- holiday (7)
- house (1)
- Japan (33)
- Japanese products (2)
- JET (1)
- Kyoto (1)
- map (1)
- money (1)
- mosquito (1)
- moustache (1)
- music (1)
- National Park (3)
- Nelson (1)
- Pemberton festival (2)
- pics (11)
- pics. Cambodia (1)
- pirate (1)
- placement (1)
- prairie (3)
- push mower (1)
- rice (3)
- saijo (2)
- sake (2)
- sleep (1)
- snow (2)
- snowboarding (3)
- storm (1)
- Sumo (2)
- teaching (1)
- temple (1)
- the blog (3)
- time (1)
- toilets (1)
- train (2)
- TV (1)
- umbrellas (1)
- update (2)
- vancouver (2)
- video (2)
- volcano (1)
- wig (1)
- wildlife (2)
- youth (1)
Blog Archive
6:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment