2:31 PM

Home but not

62708
Seems that I should probably proofread before I post.

Our drive day between Invermere and Nelson was quite beautiful so Tessa and I decided to take the slightly longer Kootenay Lake ferry route to Nelson. It was quite a lovely ride, and on that ride I had a really strange feeling. I realized that I was headed to Nelson to be a visitor, just like the German tourists with the motorhomes on the ferry. We weren't going back to our lovely little garden suite beside the creek, we were going to stay with friends. It was a really wierd feeling. Despite the emotional confusion, the return to Nelson was quite fabulous. Those following the wobbly car saga will have nothing further to follow, the wobbly car was caused by seperated belts in the tire. It was a much cheaper fix than the steering parts that I was expecting to be the problem. I wish I had a picture of the tire after it came off, it appeared fine when on the car, but the whole inside half was worn bald and wasn't very round. It is pretty amazing that we managed to drive like 800km on it like that.

While in Nelson we managed to tie up all the loose ends that we had remaining, we also got in some quality visiting, bbqing, drinking, kayaking, hiking and shopping. Yes more shopping, but I did manage to complete my Japanese teaching wardrobe with the purchase of my first suit. Other than what it represents I quite like the suit. It fits me well, which has been a challenge for a tall skinny person (it seems that there are very few suit wearers out there that are tall and slim, the other option i guess is there is a lot and thats why I couldn't find one) .

I don't have any pictures ready for upload for Nelson, but I may within the next couple of days, I am in Vancouver now, we have to attend and orientation and course to prepare us for the JET programme this weekend.

Hope everyone has an awsome long weekend, hope you remeber to celebrate the fact that 141 years ago a bunch of rich white guys got together drank a bunch of expensive booze and formed what would become the country that supplies America with most of there oil. Happy Canada Day everyone.


Kayaking on the West Arm of Kootenay Lake


Tessa in front of Gimli Peak


Dave using the facilities at the base of Gimli

0 comments: