62408
On Route to Calgary soon after leaving Cypress Hills we realized that the mighty Corrolla had suffered an injury at the hands of the shitty roads through the parks. We endured the shaking car at speeds over 90km and made it to Calgary. We spent 3 days at Tessa’s aunts and uncles place. We spent our time there playing with Tessa’s little cousins and shopping for dress clothes to formalize our Japan bound wardrobe. I did quite well I found the majority of what I needed at the Bay, and got a lot of really nice “name brand” dress clothing for damn affordable prices. Now all I need is a suit, which I am having a little trouble getting my head around. I have done so well at being a guy that has never owned a suit, but I guess that chapter of my life will soon end.
Saw my first grizzly bear going through Banff!
Next stop on the journey west was a stop in Invermere to visit our friend Jen and her big black dog Buckley. We arrived in town just in time to start getting “primed” for “Bull Busting in the Rockies.” So beers and BBQing in the sun soon led to going to a small town bull riding competition. I must admit that I did not really think that I was going to have much fun at a bull riding competition. I also must admit that I defiantly had a great time at the bull riding competition. We went with a bunch of Jen’s friends some of who knew how bull riding worked and what it was all about and were more than happy to teach me about the “sport” that I thought was so stupid before. I am certainly not planning on following the bull riding circuit around the continent but, I would defiantly go again. The other two days spent in the East Kootenay were both beauties, sun shiny and hot. We spent some time relaxing in that beautiful sun, then it got too hot so we built a slip and slide! We also attempted to hike to the Lake of the Hanging glacier which is apparently one of the Columbia Valley’s premier hikes, but we were foiled by Hellroaring Creek, it had washed away a bridge we needed to cross, and due to the hot weather the days before the water level was two high for us to comfortably ford.
Good times in Invermere, thanks for the hospitality Jen and Buckley. Hop in the car and head to Nelson in the wobbly car.



more pic here
1 comments:
what happened to the car? Did you get it fixed yet? If not Dad says to make sure the tires are ok -- could be belt separation....
Nice to see pictures and hear stories.
Post a Comment