4:15 PM

Whacha gonna do

 

I have been going through my work days in constant fear the last few days.  I am afraid that at any moment I am going to hear the sirens of the fashion police roaring up to come and get me.  They would probably lock me up for good if they caught me.  My crime, like so many is one done to survive... I have given into the southern Honshu heat and humidity, last week I went out and bought myself some short sleeve collared shirts that would support a tie.  So here is some imagery for you, short sleeved dress shirt with vertical stripes, tie with angle stripes, sweat dripping down my face and teal crocs on my feet. 

The shirtsleeves have helped me not sweat completely through my shirt, and the light coloured shortsleeve dress shirt and tie are pretty much standard issue male Japanese teacher uniform, so I fit right in with that.  The crocs are a result of the fact that you need separate footwear for pretty much everything here. Shoes that have been worn outside can not be worn inside, shoes that have been worn in the school can not be worn in the gym.  There are many other shoe rules, and once they are all enforced the only shoes that I have that qualify for me to teach in our, the above mentioned teal crocs, and a brand new pair of shiny white Mizuno running shoes, both of which will be mighty helpful for the fashion prosecutors.

0 comments: